Photo credit : ©CNES/ESA/Arianespace-ArianeGroup/Optique Vidéo CSG/P Piron, 2023
Mobile gantry crane at the Guiana Space Center
As part of the Ariane 6 program, CNES was looking for a strong industrial partner to manufacture a mobile gantry crane for the launch base at the Guiana Space Center (CSG), in line with technical operational requirements.
The mobile gantry enables :
- verticalization and positioning of the launcher on its launch pad
- hoisting the satellite fairing
- configuration of the launcher prior to lift-off
Eiffage Métal's involvement in the Ariane 6 project
- Roofing and cladding, representing a mass of 6,000 tonnes
- Secure lifting system for verticalization and positioning of the launcher
- Mechanical systems and access for final preparation operations (including booster connection)
- Translation system to set the entire building in motion, with 16 bogies, 128 motorized and synchronized rollers and 140 m of translation on its track.
5years of completion
(2015 - 2020)
8 000 tweight of realization
45 tlifting capacity
The construction of Ariane 6's mobile gantry 7,000 km from Paris will remain a source of great pride for all the teams involved in this adventure. Moving this monumental structure at the touch of a button was a formidable technical challenge, met by combining our expertise in complex steel structures and automated mechanical systems.